Split Ender Maxi Kit
Instruction Manual: Five Easy Steps to End Split Ends Now!
IMPORTANT: THE SPLIT-ENDER WILL ONLY WORK ON CLEAN & DRY HAIR. USE TO REMOVE SPLIT-ENDS AND DAMAGED HAIR ENDS. NOT INTENDED FOR DAILY USE OR BRUSHING. Wash and fully dry your hair before using the Split-Ender. Comb your hair completely free of tangles before using the Split-Ender to avoid pulling the hair. Do not use with hair sprays, gels, oil, styling products in your hair. Divide your hair in two half section and tight a pony tail on one side while treating the other half. Repeat it on the opposite side after treating the first half side.
1. Select a small, thin section of hair and comb it free of tangles.
Note: Spread it to a thin layer b efo re placing it on top of the hair plate. This will allow the hairs to freely enter the blade to be trimmed and avoid hair pulling. p >
2. Unlock the Split-Ender hair plate. Open the hair plate. Place the this section of hair on top of the hair plate (see illustration) no wider than the width of the hair plate center teeth & no thicker than the height of the center teeth.
Note: If you feel that is pulling your hair then you either have too much hair on your hair plate or your hair is not free of tangles. Take some hair out, brush it and try again.
3. The Directional Switch is reversible. Brush the Split-Ender in a downward motion, with the directional switch arrow pointing to the floor. Remember, as you use the Split-Ender and switch from one side of your head to another, you need to make sure that you reverse the directional switch as well.
4. Gently squeeze the hair plate lever until the unit activates. You will hear a motorized sound, which indicates the unit is working. Starting at the roots and working towards the ends, slowly comb your hair with the Split-Ender. Use a smooth, slow, even motion, just like you would use a hair brush, until you finish the section of hair.
5. Make sure to treat every section of hair at least 3 times and continue with the same amoun t of treatments per section as you begin with, to insure an even trim all around you head of hair. After you finish with every section of hair, clip it to the side away from your already treated hair, using the Sectioning Clip provided.
Note: Please read the troubleshooting section in this website.
The Split-Ender unique patented Hair Plate is specially designed to guide the Hair Strands to uniformly flow in and out throughout the Strand Guards and safely into the Blades guiding each and every hair in a straight motion, forcing them to stand straight up... when reaching the Center of the Hair Plate by delivering only the ends into the blades to snip the tips by 1/8" to 1/4", trimming the ends where burned, dry, damaged ends and split ends are more likely to be found. All this! While preserving and leaving the long, beautiful and healthy hair strands untouched.
Batteries installation: Make sure batteries are installed correctly or else the unit will not trim the hairs.
To use or clean the Split-Ender: Unlock the Hair Plate Knob by sliding it to the Lock Off position.
Detaching hair receptacle: Press release button and gently pull to detach from main handle.
To clean & empty the hair: Detach Top Cover from hair receptacle and clean using the cleaning brush on the kit.
WARNING! LEGAL NOTICE: This invention was created by Victor C. Talavera and is protected by law under U.S. Patent # 5,884,402, U.S. Patent # 6,588,108, U.S. Patent # 7,040,021, Europe EP-Patent # 1,381,496, Canada Pat. # 2,444,497, Australia Pat. # 2002254637, China & Hong Kong Pat. # ZL 02 8 08380.6 , Taiwan Pat. # 224 543. Other Worldwide Patents & Trademark Pending!
Split-Ender® and Talavera™ are trademarks of Talavera Hair Products, Inc. Copyright © 2003-2007 Talavera Hair Products, Inc. All rights reserved.